Saturday, March 13, 2010

Family Research

This is totally ridiculous. I haven't blogged forever. Well, I have some exciting news. I signed up for a Family Research class during Sunday School and it is SOOOO exciting that I can't even put it in words. I did not know where to start so I just got registered and then started looking around in my families records to see what has been done and what needs to be done. Mama did quite a bit, Papa did some on his side and other people I didn't know did some work also SO I e-mailed a man who has Mama's maiden name who had done a lot of work and asked him some questions. I e-mailed him on March 9th. Yesterday I received a letter from someone who is related to my great-great grandmother on her mothers side. The letter is dated the 8th of March. I have no idea how she found me especially since my name changed from Becker to Ottley to Grangroth.

I just keep getting chills and feel so blessed and also that I finally get to have grandparents even though everyone is in heaven. Dave said he can't imagine life without grandparents. I'd never really thought about it until now. I knew my dad's mom but we came to America when I was four so I didn't know her very long. Anyway, if you ever have a chance to take a Family Research class I know you'd love it. I sure do.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Good for you Mom!! That is so exciting to finally be doing some Family History. I'm proud of you. That's neat about the letter. I wanna know what it said. Luf you

Jenni S said...

How cool! I'm SO glad you are doing it!!! Then I can hop on when you get it all figured out! :) I'm glad to have grandparents too, and our kids are so lucky to have such active ones in their lives. Families are wonderful.

Juli said...

Wow, that's interesting, I never thought of that, you never did know them. Hmmm. I LOVE YOU! It makes me want to do it too.