Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My First Bonnet

My Robyn asked me to sew her an apron for Trek. I got pretty far and gave up when it came to gathering a ruffle and the waist so I called my friend Pam Park and she showed me how to gather and then took the rest home to finish. She is just the sweetest thing. Now I decided to try my hand at the bonnet and "Voila" I made it. It looks pretty cute but don't look close. The inside is really terrible. But then who's going to wear it backwards, right? I haven't sewn anything since Jeremy was about 2 so it's been a minute.

Pioneers were fashionable. They even put a cute little bow at the bottom.

See even us oldies can learn something new. Now if I could only remember this!

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Mom!!! It looks beautiful!!! I love it, and I'm going to make sure to wear it on trek because it will go so well with my red shirt and my apron. Love you and thank you Sooooooo much for making it for me.

Juli said...

Wow! Good job Mom!!! It looks so great!

Coleman Family said...

So cute! Love it. Thanks for sharing. : )

Jenni S said...

It is too cute, really! I didn't notice the bow in the back, how cute! Robyn will be a very fashionable pioneer on this trek for sure!

Jen said...

Way to go. The bow IS a cute touch.

Cindi said...

I love it! Good job. We spent $15 last year to buy one for Amy's Laura Ingalls Halloween costume. I should have just called you. . . :)