Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mont Garrett's Fundraiser

What a great event this was. I could NOT believe all the people that came. We were serving people pizza, donated by Little Czaers  at our table with bread sticks donated by Olive Garden, jello cups, and Chip ahoy cookies. The next table had pulled pork sandwiches with baked beans, salad and cookies and the next had Steak ka-bobs, baked potatoes and salad. Everything was donated from Texas Roadhouse, Sizzler, Olive Garden and I mean everything. They had 3 or 4 Blendtec's in the silent auction and also in the raffle ticket table. I wrote my name down and also put in a bunch of raffle tickets but didn't win. Gaylene Kenny spent $2 on a raffle ticket and won it. Bah! My luck for sure. On the silent auction someone put down $1000 so I didn't try for that one any more. Anyway, I did win a Scentsy. Dave wanted one for his room so, YAY for that. We went outside for a balloon launch. Everyone paid $2 for a balloon and then we all stood outside of the church and had a moment of silence as Mont Garrett and his family stood in the circle of all the people holding balloons and then they were let go at the same time. It really was an awesome feeling being in the crowd at that moment. Mont and his family thanked everyone for coming. They had an auction with a great auctioneer. He was so much fun. What a great event for a great person. I so hope everything works out for him.

0 comments: