Friday, December 5, 2008

Jenni's memories tag

We love memories of Jeremy especially at Christmas time.

We bought this wooden Santa Claus in 1993 as Jeremy's very first ornament to hang on our tree to remember him. Every year since we've put a new ornament on the tree for him. Others have given us ornaments in his memory also which are dated, signed and put on the tree also.

Johnny Hawes, Jeremy's heart recipient, went to a senior center after he was well and after we met him and his family. At the senior center he found just the right ornament for Jeremy which he lovingly painted and then gave to us.

This violin ornament reminds me of my Papa because he played the violin to us sometimes when we would be in bed.

This is a little Christmas Tree music box that was my Mama's.

Memories are wonderful.

Happy Nikolaus everyone. Don't forget to put your shoes out.

2 comments:

Jenni S said...

Thanks for doing it mom. I love all of Jeremy's ornaments too. I'm so glad you do that tradition. It's neat. And I didn't remember that Johnny had painted that one for you. Sweet. :)

Cindi said...

What beautiful Christmas memories and what a special way to remember Jeremy.