Friday, February 4, 2011

Deep Fried Snickers

Here's fun recipe I got from Dave's Physical Therapist, Jen. She's a different one from the one I made the hat for. I haven't tried it yet but she says it's really good. So, here you go!

Fried Snickers

8-10 candy bars-freeze at least 3hrs.
1 1/2 c. flour
2 quarts veg. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
2 TBLS white vinegar

Freeze candy bars @ least 3 hrs.
Heat oil 375 degrees
Put 1/2 c. flour on plate
Put remaining flour in bowl w/baking soda, & salt
Combine milk, vinegar, & 1 TBLS oil w/above ingredients & stir
Dip candy bars in flour & coat w/mixture
Place in oil & fry until golden brown
Dust w/powdered sugar after removing them from oil

If you make them before I do, let me know how they work out.

3 comments:

Jenni S said...

Ummm...I DON'T think that's in my diet plan. I'll have to check. Ha!

ruth said...

Oops, good point my Jenni!

Juli said...

That sounds really gross. But, I've heard of it before, I think they sell everything fried at the fair. LOVE YOU!