Friday, August 8, 2008

Kitchen Duty

Well, I had the opportunity to work in the kitchen for one of our Home Teachers wedding receptions. My friends, Marion, Polly and Kaye worked in the kitchen with me along with some of the brides friends. They had their reception at the church and it was really pretty. Since they were in their early 30's, I'm not sure if they paid for it themselves or if they had help from their parents but they did really well at keeping the costs down. They had a 3 tier wedding cake which was really rice crispy treats with navy blue ribbon around each tier and fresh flowers. It was cleverly done. They were starting to cut it when Kaye and I left about 9:30. I thought the line would never end.We ended up having to wash and dry some of the throw away dishes because we were running out. I was going to take pictures but we were so busy, I forgot.

4 comments:

Juli said...

Wow, rice krispie wedding cake huh? That'd be interesting to see. I haven't been to a reception forever. You're such a good helper - good job! (sorry, that's something I'd say to my kids)

Robyn said...

Heheha, I love Juli's comments. I could enjoy a good rice krispy cake just about now. I hope you had a good time mom. That sounds like a fun crew to be working with. Love ya

Jenni S said...

That's fun. I bet you had a blast with all of your favorite friends in the kitchen. Cute.

Cindi said...

Aunt Ruth, I'm so glad you're posting on the blog now. How fun to keep up with you and Uncle Dave. I look forward to reading more! Love you.