Monday, August 11, 2008

Long Day

Hildi said I could leave at 5:00 p.m. today so I could go to Famous Dave's at 6:00 p.m. for Dave's Birthday dinner with his kids. Well, once I was almost there, I got this horrible feeling like I didn't lock the store up. I decided to call No Limit (the store next door) to ask them to check on the store. Of course I couldn't find my phone and finally realized that I must have left that at the store too. Once I got to the restaurant I used Dave's phone to call No Limit and they verified that the store was left open. So I jumped out of my chair at the restaurant and headed back to Tooele. I locked the door, thanked the girls that watched the store for me and headed home again. I decided to start taking pictures which, I was hoping, would make the time pass by fast. So here they are:
Slow yellow truck going 40 miles per hour in a 60 mph, WHY??????See 40 mph. Ugh!!!This is a train. If you squint you might be able to see Saltair in the background.
Here are more obstacles to make me go slow. Can you tell I'm tired? Anyway, I guess you can tell I made it home! so glad. Long, long day!

4 comments:

Jenni S said...

I'm sorry mom. That's so sad. So much for leaving early huh?!? I'm glad you remembered anyway. Hope Dave had a fun b-day dinner. That's cute, they went to Dave's Diner for him. We need to call him tomorrow. I remembered to call at all of the wrong moments. Love you. I'm glad you're home safe and your crazy day is over.

Robyn said...

That is so sad. I'm sorry it was such a long day for you. I'm glad you drove safe and took lots of neato pictures. I don't think I've ever taken pictures while driving. I'll have to try that sometime. Love ya mom

Juli said...

That's HORRIBLE! I hate days like that. Ach. You make me laugh with the pictures! HA! I'm glad you tried to amuse yourself in a situation like that. I LOVE YOU! I hope today is sooooo much better.

Tiff and Rand said...

Sucks you had to drive ALL the way back! But I'm cracking up at your pictures, what a great idea to pass time. Sorry to admit that I keep forgetting that you have a blog and that you're doing AMAZING on it! I promise to check on it more often, it's so much fun. Love you!